The application period for the 2023 Dalhousie University Presidential Scholarship is now open to qualified local and international students who wish to attend the esteemed Canadian university.
For up to two years, the Dalhousie University Presidential Scholarship Award will pay the full-time program’s tuition costs.
Dalhousie is still ranked among the top 200 colleges in the world that have a positive influence on both local communities and the global community.
The most recent statistics demonstrate the university’s accomplishments in promoting excellent health and well-being, clean water and sanitation, and responsible consumption and production.
About the Dalhousie University Presidential Scholarship
The President’s Awards are given to honor students who have received significant scholarships from the Killam doctoral or Tri-agency doctoral contests and who have excelled in their academic studies.
For up to two years, the grant will pay the full-time program’s tuition costs but not extra fees.
The Host Institution
A sizable public research university with three campuses in Halifax, a fourth near Bible Hill, and a second campus for the medical school in Saint John, New Brunswick, Dalhousie University (often known as Dal) is located in Nova Scotia, Canada.
More than 4,000 courses and 180 degree programs are available via Dalhousie’s 12 undergraduate, graduate, and professional faculties.
The university is a part of the U15, a collection of prominent Canadian research institutions.
More than 18,000 students attend Dalhousie, a coeducational institution with 130,000 alumni worldwide.
Among the noteworthy graduates of the university are a Nobel Prize winner, 91 Rhodes Scholars, and a number of influential academics, corporate executives, and senior government officials.
Eligibility Criteria for the Dalhousie University Presidential Scholarship
Conditions for Scholarships
You must: in order to be eligible for the scholarship award.
- Be enrolled at Dalhousie University as a Ph.D student and have been awarded a full doctoral grant from one of the following financial sources:
- NSERC (PGSD, CGSD, Vanier CGS)
- SSHRC (Doctoral, CGSD, Vanier CGS)
- CIHR (Doctoral, CGSD, Vanier CGS)
- Killam (Doctoral) – these offers are automatic when you apply for the doctoral program.
- Being enrolled full-time for the first four years of your program.
- No other scholarship, government grant, or organization will pay for your tuition.
Method for Making Application
- You don’t need to apply. You will be automatically considered for one of the President’s Awards if you meet the prerequisites outlined above.
- Following your admission, the Faculty of Graduate Studies will let you and your department know if you have been chosen for an award. For the duration of the award, the reward will be validated and deducted from your tuition each term.
- Select the link below.
Dalhousie University Presidential Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline of application for this scholarship initiative is Not specified
Who is Eligible?
Students from all Countries of the world are eligible
Category of this Scholarship
- Postgraduate Scholarships |
- PhD Scholarships |
What are the Benefits of the Scholarship?
The award will pay for up to two years’ worth of full-time program tuition, excluding incidentals.
Up to $12,000 per annum
Scholarship Application Website
Click HERE to Apply