The United States Embassy, Nigeria seeks to identify academically qualified and highly motivated, low-income students in Nigeria to join the Education USA Opportunity Funds Scholarship Program (OFP).
OFP’s mission is to assist talented and determined, low-income students who are good candidates for financial assistance from U.S. colleges and universities but lack the financial resources to cover the up-front cost of obtaining admission.
Since 2004, the Education USA Opportunity Funds Scholarship Program has placed 400 students at the most selective colleges and universities in North America with full aid.
- Host Country: USA
- Study Abroad: Study in the USA
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | Ph.D. Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Nigerians
- Reward: GRE fees | English Proficiency test fees | US application fees | Visa fees | SEVIS fees | Flight fees | Settlement stipend
- Deadline: April 30, 2022
Education USA Opportunity Funds Scholarship Requirements:
To be eligible for the Education USA Opportunity Funds Scholarship Program, candidates must possess;
- High strong academic records (7 A1s in 2020 or 2021 WASSCE)
- A 1st class graduate result (STEM preferred)
- Excellent participation in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in a leadership role
- Outstanding community service participation
Education USA Opportunity Funds Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Through periodic seminars, you will be guided by Education USA Advisers to navigate the College Application process. We will start with an application boot camp and throughout the year, conduct seminars on researching your options, funding your studies, completing your application including how to write a personal statement or college essay, applying for a student visa, and preparing for departure.
- Education USA Opportunity Funds Scholarships Program Scholars will cover the upfront costs of applying to U.S. institutions. We will cover the cost of taking standardized tests, application fees (limited amount), international passport, a flight ticket to the U.S, visa and SEVIS fees, and if available, a settling-in allowance. In extenuating circumstances and funds permitting, we may cover the cost of a credential evaluation, mailing transcripts, I-20 forms or additional score reports, and internet data (if we are operating virtually).
- Opportunity Funds Program Scholars do not receive a scholarship from Education USA to study in the U.S. The scholar must work hard to apply to U.S. institutions that can provide full funding for them.
- Successful Opportunity Funds Program Scholars become U.S. Government Alumni and are eligible to apply for program grants like all other alumni.
Education USA Opportunity Funds Required Documents
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
NOTE– If WAEC results are not available, the student must be currently in SS3. If WAEC results are available, they must be from the May/June WAEC. Students who have already started a university education are NOT eligible to apply.
- SS1 & 2 end-of-year report (word or PDF files only)
- Mock WAEC result or WAEC result (word or PDF files only)
- Other supporting documentation (word or PDF files only)
- Copy of your university transcript-if available (PDF files only)
- Copy of Statement of Result/Degree (PDF files)
- Submit a detailed Academic Curriculum Vitae (PDF files only)
- Scanned copy of any supplementary certificates of achievement (PDF files only)
- Copy of GRE result (Recommended for Engineering students) PDF files only
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to begin their application.
Successful applicants will be scheduled for an interview in June