The Eira Francis Davies EFD Full Fees Scholarship applications are now open for female students who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance.
As a young adult, Eira left Wales to work as a Child Welfare Officer for the Society for the Overseas Settlement of British Women (S.O.S.B.W.) in London.
Due to her financial independence, Eira endowed a significant fund to Swansea University in 2012 for the establishment of a scholarship in her name. The purpose of her work was to assist these women in realizing their potential and in doing so, lift both their communities and countries.
- Host Country: UK
- Study Abroad: Study in the UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Developing countries
- Reward: Full tuition
- Deadline: May 29, 2022
The Eira Francis Davies (EDS) Full Fees Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship ordinarily awarded to one outstanding female student per academic year.
The student must be a national of and resident in an eligible developing country, who pursues a postgraduate taught Master’s program within the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Science.
To be considered for the EFD full fees scholarship, you must:
- Hold a minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- Have formally accepted an offer to study at Swansea University in September 2022:
- Be female.
- Be a new student at Swansea University from September 2022.
- Within their application, demonstrate strong academic ability, a financial plan to study, and motivation for their chosen course at Swansea University.
- Be a national, and permanent resident of an EFD Eligible Country as listed by the World Bank Country and Lending Groups classification as being ‘low income’ or ‘lower-middle income’ as of 1 July 2021.
- Not receive any other financial support from Swansea University (e.g. tuition fee reduction, scholarship, or bursary).
- Not be a progressing student from The College, Swansea University.
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry), MSc
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology), MSc
- Child Public Health, MSc
- Clinical Psychology and Mental Health, MSc
- Cognitive Neuroscience, MSc
- Genomic Medicine, MSc
- Healthcare Management, MSc
- Health Data Science, MSc
- Health Informatics, MSc
- Long Term and Chronic Conditions Management, MSc
- Medical Radiation Physics, MSc
- Nanomedicine, MSc
- Public Health and Health Promotion, MSc
- Research Methods in Psychology, MSc
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will commence in September 2022
- The scholarship covers the full tuition of the recipient
EFD Full Fees Scholarship Method of Application
To be considered for the scholarship, you must have formally accepted an offer to study an eligible program for September 2022 entry. You must complete and submit the application form online before 29 May 2022, 11:59 pm (BST).
Scholarship applications will be reviewed by a scholarship committee. Shortlisted candidates may then be invited to an interview as part of the selection process.