Applications are ongoing for the 2022 Flinders University Scholarships for international students willing to study in Australia.
The Flinders University Scholarships offer a fully-funded research training award covering full tuition as well as an annual stipend of $28,854.
Successful candidate from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Host Country: Australia
- Study Abroad: Study in Australia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | Ph.D. Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fees
- $28,854 Annual Stipend
- $1,485 Relocation Costs
- Deadline: August 5, 2022
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS) (International) are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University. The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend, and overseas health care coverage.
The AGRTPS is awarded to candidates who demonstrate an outstanding aptitude for independent research. AGRTPS are considered based on academic merit, academic research training, and research indicators and performance.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a research doctorate and up to two years for a research master’s degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full-time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of any overseas country except New Zealand, and not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship; and
- Intend to commence full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time, in the year for which the award is to be offered. Students who commenced their higher degree by research in the previous year but who, due to the timing of their application for admission and subsequent enrolment were unable to apply for an AGRTPS in that year, or, commenced a higher degree by research and terminated that enrolment within six months of commencement, may be considered; and
- Intend to enroll in an area of research concentration. These are areas in which the university has a particular strength, has concentrated its research resources, and has attracted external funding; and
- Satisfy all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including the English proficiency levels following the English Language Proficiency Requirements for HDR Candidature
Scholarship Duration and Rewards
- The AGRTPS pays a stipend at the standard rate set by the Australian Government of $28,854 pa, tax-free (2022 full-time rate). The AGRTPS also includes a Research Training Program (RTP), which provides an offset for tuition fees for up to 4 years.
- An AGRTPS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Academic Transcripts
- Academic Referees
- Curriculum Vitae
The Method of Application
You must make contact with an academic staff member and have an informal agreement from that person to supervise you if you are successful. Email evidence of the supervisor’s agreement should be included with your application. Applicants who do not have a supervisor at the time of application will not be considered for an AGRTPS/FIPRS.
To apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS, you will need to first apply for admission to a higher degree by research (Ph.D. or Master of Arts by research), followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship Group.
If you already have a valid offer for admission to a higher degree by research, you do not need to apply for admission again.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to find out more about the scholarship and begin their application.