Google Ph.D. Fellowship programs directly support graduate students as they pursue their Ph.D., as well as connect them to a Google Research Mentors.
Nurturing and maintaining strong relations with the academic community is a top priority at Google.
The Google Ph.D. Fellowship Program recognizes outstanding graduate students who are doing exceptional and innovative research in computer science and related fields. Ph.D. fellowships support candidates from all backgrounds who wish to shape technology’s future.
Check: Study-In-Hungary: 2022 University of Debrecen Scholarship for International Students
Eligible Countries: All African
Reward: $30,000 USD
Deadline: April 27, 2022
Google’s mission is to foster inclusive research communities and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We currently offer fellowships in Africa, Australia, Canada, East Asia, Europe, India, New Zealand, Southeast Asia, and the United States.
Students and professionals are welcome to apply to the Ph.D. Fellowship program.
For current Ph.D. students
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time Ph.D. program at a university in Africa. Applicants who are currently in their first year of a part-time Ph.D. program and transferring to full-time positions are also welcome to apply.
- Students should be early Ph.D. students, i.e., should not have been into more than 1 year of their Ph.D. Applicants for the 2022 Fellowship must have started their program on or after 1-Jan-2022.
- Students must remain enrolled in the Ph.D. program for the duration of the fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Ph.D. in Computer Science or related areas.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible
- Students who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
Check: Study-In-UK: 2022 University of West England Chancellor’s Scholarship For International Students
For current Undergraduate/Masters students and Professionals
- Grant of the fellowship to this category of applicants is contingent on them joining a full-time Ph.D. program at a university in Africa within the calendar year of the award.
- Student applicants must be full-time undergraduate or Master’s students enrolled at an African university. Professionals must be employed/affiliated with an organization registered in Africa.
- The Google Fellowship award shall be contingent on the awardee registering for the full-time Ph.D. program at an African university, in Computer Science or related areas, within the calendar year 2022, or the award shall be forfeited.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship does not mean admission to the Ph.D. program of a university. The awardee must also complete the Ph.D. admission process of the respective institute/university where he/she wishes to register for a Ph.D.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable in the institute/university where the awardee registers for the Ph.D. program.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Students receive named Fellowships which include a monetary award. The funds are given directly to the university to be distributed to cover the student’s expenses and stipend as appropriate. In addition, the student will be matched with a Google Research Mentor who we hope will become a valuable resource for the student.
Check: APPLY: 2022 Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships
Up to 3-year Fellowship
The US $30K to cover stipend and other research-related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel
Google Research Mentor
Students will need the following documents to complete an application (in English only):
- Student applicant’s resume with links to website and publications (if available)
- Available transcripts (mark sheets) starting from first year/semester of Bachelor’s degree to date
- Research proposal (maximum 3 pages, excluding references)
- 2-3 letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant’s work (at least one from the thesis advisor for current Ph.D. students)
Check: 2022 Azerbaijan Government Scholarship – APPLY NOW
- Short (one-page) resume of the student’s Ph.D. program advisor
- Applicant’s essay response (350-word limit) to What impact would receive this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and what educational goals this scholarship will enable you to accomplish.
Method of Application
Submission forms are available on the main Google Ph.D. Fellowship Program page when the application period begins.
Use the link below to apply.