The Government of Ireland Scholarship Program is an initiative that offers 60 scholarships to deserving international students every year.
The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Program is a program that offers 60 scholarships to deserving students who have been offered a place at an appropriate Irish higher education institution for a year of Masters- or Ph.D.-level study.
The offer is available to students from non-EU/EEA nations and applies to all academic subjects.
ALSO READ: Top 10 Dental Schools in Missouri 2022 | Requirements, Cost & How to Apply
Host Country: Ireland
Study Abroad: Study in Europe
Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships |
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Reward: Full Scholarship | €10,000 stipend Per Year
Deadline: March 24, 2022
The 2022 GOI-IES scheme aims to reflect Ireland’s engagement in target partner countries. The scheme is operated in the higher education sector and funded in partnership between the Government of Ireland and the higher education institutions (HEIs).
Scholarships are branded as prestigious awards, reflecting the core messages about Ireland as a center of international education, research, and innovation.
It is expected that for every scholarship awardee, awareness of Ireland among many more potential students as a location of excellence in international studies will rise.
ALSO READ: How Many Credit Hours Are Required For A Bachelor’s Degree?
Government of Ireland Scholarship for International Students Requirements:
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Candidates must demonstrate a record of outstanding academic achievement
- Excellent communication skills;
- Participation in extra curriculum activities. For example: humanitarian work; politics either local, national or international; arts; sports;
- A strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES aligns with their longer-term goals.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Successful students will receive:
A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study
A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution
Government of Ireland Scholarship for International Students Evaluation Criteria
Eligible students are invited to submit applications via the official online application process at this link. A marking system (Total of 100 marks) is part of the call, with the relevant scores shown in brackets after the key selection criteria.
The applications must cover the following, as requested in the online application tool:
- Academic qualifications, achievements, and/or work experience (40 marks)
- Personal Statement (refer to the Candidate Profile). Applicants will be required to demonstrate: o the benefit of becoming a GOI-IES Scholar; to themselves (personally and professionally), to the institution, to Ireland (economically and societally), as well as to their country of origin. (15 marks);
- how they will extend themselves beyond their project/studies to become actively involved in Irish society to maximize their academic and cultural exchange experience and to raise awareness of the GOI-IES scheme in Ireland and beyond (15 marks);
- the extent to which they have a long-term interest in Ireland and how they will promote links with Ireland during their time as scholars and also after as Alumni (15 marks).
- Two references uploaded via the online application portal (please note that the HEA is not able to accept references submitted via email or other sources outside of the online application portal) (15 marks)
ALSO READ: How To Find Free Books For Kids By Mail
Government of Ireland Scholarship for International Students – Method of Application
The call for applications will be issued on December 14, 2022, and the centralized application system (link) is now live and accepting applications.
- The deadline for applications is 5 p.m. on March 24, 2022 (Irish Time). Late applications will not be accepted.
- The application should be submitted via this link.
- Any questions regarding the call for applications should be submitted to GOIIES@hea.ie no later than March 24, 2022. Telephone queries cannot be accommodated.
- The HEA will advise the applicants and the HEIs of the outcome of the evaluation process by June 1, 2022.