The Queen Mary University DeepMind Scholarship is a program organized to support and encourage underrepresented groups to pursue postgraduate at the Queen Mary University of London education in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Computer Science.
The scholarships are for female and/or black students as these students are currently underrepresented in these areas of study.
As one of the world’s most international institutions, Queen Mary has students from more than 160 countries.
Host Country: UK
Study Abroad: Study in UK | Study in Europe
Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Reward: Tuition-Free | £18,980 stipends
Deadline: July 13, 2022
The scholarship offers postgraduate education in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Computer Science.
When you study at Queen Mary, you get to be part of a friendly and inclusive global community.
To be considered for the Queen Mary University DeepMind Scholarship, you must:
- Be a UK or International student.
- Identify as female or have one of the following categories of ethnicity: Black African; Black Caribbean; Black Other; Mixed – White and Black Caribbean; Mixed – White and Black African; or Other mixed backgrounds (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other).
- Have a confirmed offer to study on one of the following programs in September 2022: MSc in Artificial Intelligence (Full Time), MSc Computer Science (Full Time), MSc Computer Games (Full Time), an MSc in Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics (Full Time) at Queen Mary University of London.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Each DeepMind Scholarship will cover the cost of tuition fees, £11,850 (International fees – £27,250), a living allowance of £15,480, an annual £2,000 travel scholarship, and a one-off equipment grant of £1,500.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A copy of your offer letter to study on one of the following programs at Queen Mary: MSc in Artificial Intelligence (Full Time), MSc Computer Science (FT), MSc Computer Games, or MSc in Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics (FT) program.
- A completed application form, including a short statement of no more than 500 words detailing why you should be considered for the award and what motivated your interest in this area of study at the Queen Mary University of London.
- A copy of your well-detailed CV
Method of Application
- First, please check your eligibility to apply. The panel will not consider any applications that do not meet eligibility criteria, and awards may be withdrawn if applicants are later found not to have met eligibility criteria or to have provided false information.
- Then download, complete, and submit the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A selection panel will shortlist applications and take a final decision on which five students will receive the award. Applicants will receive notification of the outcome by 15 August 2022.