CANCER RESEARCH UK
£24550 – £28000 per annum
6 Feb 2022
Retail & FMCG, Buying, Distribution, Merchandising & allocation
RETAIL OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE (STOCK ACQUISITION)
Salary: £24,550 – £28,000 p.a. depending on the experience
Contract duration: Permanent
Hours: Full time, 35 hours (compressed hours considered)
Location: Based in Stratford (1-2 days a week in the office)
Closing date: February 6, 2022
Application method: In our commitment to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion, we use anonymous CVs through our recruitment portal.
Therefore, please ensure that you have completed the ‘Work History’ section of the application form and have answered the application questions.
You will be asked to upload a CV, but it will not be used as part of the shortlisting process and therefore will not be reviewed.
Are you an ambitious and sharp-minded individual with excellent organizational and relationship-building skills, eager to join our business team and help us beat cancer?
Why do we need you?
This is a great opportunity to join our business operations team that focuses on the donated stock. This could be of interest to someone with trading or account management experience, interested in charity retailing, or looking to gain experience in retail trading and donated stock associations.
What will I be doing?
As well as helping to deliver our current stock generation activity, there are also lots of opportunities to use your creative side to develop new ideas and ways for us to maximize and maximize the value of stock generations.
Make an impact every day by:
- Taking responsibility for national donated stock reporting and analysis
- Managing and developing existing and new operational processes to help maximize donated stock value as well as delivering an excellent experience for our stock donors
- Supporting the Stock Acquisition Manager with delivering large scale national stock generation campaigns with high-value corporate partners
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with a range of corporate partners through face-to-face, phone, and email contact to develop and deliver donated stock opportunities
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including Cancer Research UK field teams
- Developing effective communications and materials to maximize the volume and quality of donated stock nationally
- Working with the Trading Marketing team to develop and deliver stock generation initiatives to ensure we sustain sufficient levels of quality donated stock to support our 600 shops
What skills are you looking for?
You’ll be able to bring to the role:
- Excellent project management, organization, and planning skills
- Demonstrates initiative, with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy under pressure
- Team worker, with experience of working collaboratively within a multi-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- An organized and structured approach to reporting, analysis, and tasks
What will I gain?
Without you, we couldn’t achieve our goal of 3 out of 4 people surviving cancer by 2034. That’s why we want to reward you in as many ways as possible.
Our benefits package includes discounts on everything from travel to technology, generous vacations, gym membership, and much more.
We want to ensure you have the best work-life balance possible, so we actively encourage a flexible work culture for all of our roles wherever possible.
Depending on your role, flexibility options could include work from home, reduced or flexible hours, job sharing, division of labor, and prime time.
For most of our office roles, you will only need to work from a specific location for 1-2 days a week on average.
You’ll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately you’ll know that you’ll be changing lives through your work.
If you’re as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.