International students who are interested and meet the requirements can now apply for the Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship for 2023.
The whole cost of tuition, living expenses, visa fees, and air travel charges to return to the recipient’s home country will all be covered by the Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship.
For international students from 180 countries who wish to study bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in Mexico, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) have established a scholarship.
About the Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship
Through the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE) invites international students who are interested in studying in Mexico to apply for the “Call for Scholarships of Excellence of the Government of Mexico for Foreigners 2023” at the specialty, master’s, doctorate, and postgraduate research levels, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate student mobility programs.
In accordance with bilateral agreements, multilateral processes, and special agreements, the Call is extended to more than 180 nations.
More than 70 Mexican higher education institutions (IES) are taking part in this call, and each of them has academic programs approved by the National Council of Science and Technology’s National Postgraduate System.
These initiatives demonstrate the advancements the nation has made in the humanities and sciences.
The Host Institution
Mexican Agency of International Cooperation for Development (AMEXCID)
The goal of Agencia Mexicana de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo (AMEXCID) is to work together to overcome obstacles to global growth.
To coordinate, plan, and assess the Cooperation and Promotion efforts, they collaborate closely with experts throughout the world and form strategic partnerships with the commercial and academic sectors, civil society, and local governments (educational, cultural and tourist, technical and scientific, financial and economic).
As a result, they grow in their abilities to contribute to the sustainable development of people, lessen inequality, and raise people’s quality of life.
Eligibility Criteria for the Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship
- Not residing in Mexico and being an international student
- Great academic performance
- Meet the prerequisites for the program you’re pursuing.
- Possess a strong academic background in related fields
Requirements for Making Application
- Application for a scholarship, properly completed and signed.
- A letter outlining your motivations for doing the studies or research in Mexico. (Maximum 2 pages, single-line spacing, letter Arial size 12).
- The curriculum vitae. (Maximum 3 pages, single-line spacing, Arial, size 12).
- Letter of academic acceptance from the receiving Mexican institution or the HEI’s answer to the admissions application.
- Letter promising to go back to your country of origin.
- Acceptance letter for the Call’s terms.
- The birth certificate copy.
- Copy of a current, color passport in open book style or a photo ID from the government
- A copy of a medical certificate attesting to the applicant’s good health that was issued by a public or private health facility no more than 3 (three) months before the application was presented.
- If Spanish is not the applicant’s first language, they must provide a copy of their advanced Spanish language proficiency certificate from a university or other educational institution in order to be accredited. This certificate must guarantee a minimum level of B2 under the Common Framework of European Reference.
- In a letter, the applicant declares, under protest, that the information submitted is accurate.
Note: All documents must be submitted in Spanish or it must have alongside it, translations to Spanish
Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline of application for this scholarship scheme is July 24, 2023.
Who is Eligible?
All Countries are eligible
What are the categories of the Scholarship?
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Postgraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
What are the Benefits of the Scholarship?
- Offers of scholarships include;
- Tuition costs
- Living allowances
- Travel and visa expenses
- Health Insurance
- City Transportation
Click HERE to Apply