The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders is given to international students who are enrolling for the first time in any of the university’s divisions.
The University of Winnipeg (UWinnipeg, U of W) is a public research university in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, with undergraduate and graduate programs in art, business and economics, education, science, kinesiology, and applied health. Manitoba College and Wesley College were the founding colleges of UWinnipeg, which merged to form United College in 1938.
Manitoba is an excellent choice for your studies because our province provides numerous benefits to international students. Studying in Manitoba provides you with the opportunity to receive a world-class education in cutting-edge facilities at a low tuition cost.
- Host Country: Canada
- Study Abroad: Study in Canada
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | Ph.D. Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: $5000
- Deadline: June 1, 2022
The University of Winnipeg is pleased to announce the creation of 53 new entrance scholarships for international students who will be entering the University of Winnipeg for the first time.
Given to international students entering any of the university’s divisions for the first time – Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, PACE, or ELP. Applicants must have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent and must be involved in activities that demonstrate leadership. A qualifying year or Pre-Masters students do not qualify.
To be considered for the University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship, you must:
- Have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent
- Be an international student.
- Entering the first year of any program
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities.
- Submit a complete admission application by the scholarship deadline date.
A qualifying year or Pre-Masters students do not qualify.
Scholarship Duration and Rewards
- The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for World Leaders for Graduate Students are valued at $5,000.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A completed application form.
- One 250-500 word personal statement
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Two references who can speak to your extra-curricular/volunteer activities
Method of Application