The Victoria University of Wellington has announced the 2022 Tongarewa Scholarships for international students willing to study in New Zealand.
The Tongarewa Scholarships are offered as a $10,000 scholarship that will go towards tuition fees for the first year of undergraduate and postgraduate study.
Recipients of these scholarships are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of the university’s halls of residence, provided an accommodation application is received by University Accommodation Wellington by their deadline.
- Host Country: New Zealand
- Study Abroad: Study in Australia
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | Ph.D. Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: $10,000 Grant
- Deadline: September 1, 2022
The Tongarewa Scholarships celebrate the University’s commitment to our international student community. We award a range of these scholarships to international students each year.
This is a partial fee-based scholarship that will go towards tuition fees for one year of study. Applicants can be either entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree program at Victoria University of Wellington.
Scholarships are awarded competitively based on academic excellence. They apply to study in the year following application and will be credited to tuition fees. Shortlisted candidates may be requested to provide additional information to support their application.
Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship Requirements:
To be considered for the Victoria University of Wellington, you must be:
- International students who are paying full international fees
- Entering your first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship Duration and Rewards
- The scholarship is valued at $10,000 as a partial fee-based scholarship that will go towards tuition fees for one year of study.
- Recipients of these scholarships are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of our halls of residence, provided an accommodation application is received by University Accommodation Wellington by their deadline.
Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship Required Documents
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- a personal statement of up to 500 words outlining why you wish to study at Victoria University of Wellington, your academic goals, and why you merit the scholarship. You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community.
- Full transcripts and other documentation relevant to the qualification type
- and an offer of place from Victoria University of Wellington (conditional or unconditional).
Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship Method of Application
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month before the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us If you have any queries.
Selection will be made by a panel made up of appropriate Wellington University International staff.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to commence their application.