The Swansea University EPSRC Scholarship for 2023 is now open for interested and qualified prospective Ph.D. students willing to study in the UK.
The scholarship is a fully-funded Ph.D. opportunity with a full tuition waiver and an annual stipend of £15,609.
Swansea University is a research-led institution that has been making an impact since 1920. Our diverse and welcoming community thrives on exploration and discovery, with a strong emphasis on excellent teaching and research, as well as a high quality of life. You will not only have excellent learning and teaching experiences with a strong emphasis on employability, but you will also fall in love with the city.
CHECK: Study-In-Canada: 2022/2022 University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for International Students
- Host Country: UK
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | £15,609 annual stipend
- Deadline: June 3, 2022
The project provides an excellent opportunity for graduates interested in the application of AI in biology and medicine to gain experience in the development of open-source platforms and collaborate with industrial partners to apply them to real-world problems.
It is based on imaging flow cytometry, an analytical technique that produces images of millions of cells in just a few minutes. It is a transformative technology for the diagnosis and monitoring of a variety of diseases because it can both mass-image large populations and resolve sub-cellular image details. This project will involve collaboration with some clinical and industrial collaborators, particularly Glaxo SmithKline’s pharmaceutical assessment teams, and will use the most recent AI algorithms to analyze the large datasets generated by this system.
- Candidates must normally hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level (or non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University) in engineering or a similar relevant science discipline. See – Country-specific Information for European Applicants 2019 and Country-specific Information for International Applicants 2019.
- English Language requirements: If applicable, – IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 5.5 in each component) or Swansea recognized equivalent. Details on the Swansea University English Language entry policy can be found here
- If you are holding a non-UK degree, please see Swansea University degree comparisons to find out if you meet the eligibility.
- Analytical disciplines will be considered, including Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other related disciplines.
Swansea University EPSRC Scholarship Duration and Rewards
- The scholarship period will commence on July 1, 2022.
- The scholarship also covers the full cost of UK tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,609.
CHECK: Study-In-UK: 2022 Westminster University GREAT Scholarships in Justice & Law for Nigerian Students
Document Required For The Swansea University EPSRC Scholarship
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Monitoring Form (online form)
- Degree certificates and transcripts (if you are currently studying for a degree, screenshots of your grades to date are sufficient).
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ to explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project.
- Two references (academic or previous employer) on the headed paper or using the Swansea University reference form. Please note that we are not able to accept references received citing private email accounts, e.g, Hotmail. Referees should cite their employment email addresses for verification of reference.
- Evidence of meeting English language requirements (if applicable).
- Copy of the UK resident visa (if applicable)
Method of Application
To apply, please complete your application online with the following information:
- Course Choice – Please select Nanotechnology/Ph.D./Full-time/3 Year/July
- In the event you have already applied for the above program previously, the application system may issue a warning notice and prevent your application. In this event, please email email@example.com where staff will be happy to assist you in submitting your application.
- Start year – please select 2022
- Funding (page 8) –
- Are you funding your studies yourself?’ Please select No
- Please enter ‘RS81—Development of AI’ as the name of the individual or organization providing funds for the study.
When applying, it is the applicant’s responsibility to include all of the above information accurately. Please keep in mind that applications received without the above-mentioned information will not be considered for the scholarship award.
One application is required for each Swansea University-led research scholarship award; applications listing multiple Swansea University-led research scholarship awards will not be considered.
To begin your application, click the button below.